DaoPay is a licensed payment service provider. We allow online businesses to process payments online. Several methods are offered for various merchants globally, from credit card processing, bank transfers and DaoPay’s own patented payment method, DaoPay Phone Payments. Paying via phone, either call or SMS is an easy and safe way to pay online for virtual goods. For example, if you want to add “credits” to your online gaming account, you can do this by a call or SMS to a premium rate number. The payment will then be added to your next phone bill for post-paid accounts or directly deducted for pre-paid accounts.
To pay by call:
- Open the DaoPay payment screen through the website you want to buy your product from.
- A detailed payment page will appear: transaction amount, payment method, phone number, price per minute, your order number and the progress bar.
- Call the phone number shown on the payment page and you will be requested to enter your order number on your phone. Please press the “#” key after your order number.
- You will hear further instructions. Please do not end the call yourself and wait until the payment process is fully completed.
- As soon as the payment was processed, the connection will be ended automatically by the system. (Do not end the call by yourself!)
- On the payment page you will see a green button „Complete Payment“. Please click on this button.
- Normally, you should receive your product within minutes after these steps.
- IMPORTANT: Do not close the browser, until the payment was fully completed.
If you notice charges on your phone bill that are in connection with DaoPay, and you are unsure of how these costs compiled, please contact our customer support and ask for a detailed invoice summary.
You can simply contact us with a copy of your phone bill or an itemised bill. You will then receive all information in regards to the payments made with our service. Please note that we cannot give this information over the phone and only via email.
- DaoPay limits 3 unique phone numbers per user when using DaoPay Phone Payments.
- We may ask for various documentation in order to verify the legitimacy of a payment/s, including but not limited to: proof of paid phone bill and personal identification.
- The use of one-time numbers or virtual numbers are strictly prohibited from DaoPay services.
- Calls to premium rate numbers might be blocked for your phone line. Before making a call to a premium rate number we would advise you to check whether you are able to use this service. Should this not be the case, please contact your provider in order to unblock premium rate numbers.
- DaoPay uses Spending Limits. This is to control how much can be spent from one phone line per day/per month. When your have reached the DAILY spending limit, you will only be able to call again on the next day. To resume your payment, please call the same service number again and enter your pending order number. Unfortunately we can not raise the daily spending limit.
When you have reached the MONTHLY spending limit, you will only be able to call again on the next month.
To resume your payment, please call the same service number again and enter your pending order number. Should you have reached one of our limits, your calls will be declined and no costs will accumulate. Click here to check your Spending Limits.
- In case it is not possible for you to enter the order number during a call, or the order number is not being accepted, we would ask you to contact our Customer Support.
- It is not possible to use more than one phone number to complete an order number.
In case you did not receive your product, but did complete the payment, it is possible that:
- You completed the payment, but haven’t received or entered the pin code yet. This happens when you close the browser too soon or forget to click the button „Complete Payment“. Click here to check your transactions.
- Maybe you didn’t enter the order number, entered a wrong order number or forgot to confirm the order number with the “#” key.
- Possibly you only partially completed the payment. This happens when the connection is ended too soon. You can easily complete the payment. Partial payments may be completed within 35 days after the initiation.
- Normally, you should receive your product within minutes after this process, unless stated otherwise on the website. Sometimes there may be delays up to 1 or 2 hours. As we are only the payment service provider, we do not have control over the in-game crediting process. On occasion, the game operator may encounter delays preventing them from crediting an offer straight after the purchase. Should this issue still be unresolved, please contact them through their support network in the game and provide our payment confirmation.
- Possibly you used more than one phone number for one order number. Our system does not support this function and you will have to complete your payment with the first phone number used.
- Please be kindly informed that it is stated on the payment screen that you have to answer a call to verify the payment. If you have not answered the call, please contact our customer support to help you with the verification process.
- The usage of one-time numbers or virtual numbers is not allowed in our system, as it is not possible to verify such numbers. If a virtual and/or one-time phone number has been used, the order will be cancelled. If you have purchased a pre-paid number, you should have a proof of payment for all transactions made and for the whole amount spent. The use of multiple phone numbers and emails raises suspicion and therefore can result to your account being blocked in our system.
Order numbers that were not paid for, will become invalid after 24 hours. In such a case you will need to start a new payment with a new order number. It can happen that your recent DaoPay payment has not yet been completed due to various reasons: if you hang up too early, the call gets disconnected too early, or if there is a limit set by your provider when calling premium rate numbers.
In case you started a payment, but could not complete it for some reason (Spending Limit reached, call interrupted …) the order number will be still valid for 35 days. To complete your payment you can call the same premium rate number again and enter your pending order number. The call will then resume and finish automatically. During this time you can still complete the payment.
After the amount has been paid, a processing time of around 10 working days must be expected before the game account is unlocked again. In the meantime, we ask you to refrain from inquiries about unblocking, as manual intervention is not possible for us and the account is activated directly by the game operator.
It is not possible to choose the call option in every country. Which countries are available is a decision that lies with the gaming provider.
Should you not have received a response SMS or an error message, the following issues might be the case:
- You sent a wrong/invalid/duplicate order number in connection to your payment. Please only send the correct order number.
- Possibly your mobile phone provider is not available. Please check with your mobile phone provider directly to find out whether premium rate numbers are supported with your provider.
- You used two different phone numbers for your order number. Please only use ONE phone number for ONE order number.
- DaoPay uses Spending Limits. This is to control how much can be spent from one phone line per day/month. Should you have reached one of our limits, your calls will be declined and no costs will accumulate. Click here to check your Spending Limits.
- The maximum amount of money possible to pay by text is different in every country. If your total amount to pay is higher than the maximum amount, you will need to pay by multiple text messages. Please do not close the window once you started paying. The payment needs to be completed entirely to get a delivery. If you want to avoid transaction fees, you could choose another payment method.
- When a technical error occurs please contact our Customer Support with a detailed problem description (e.g. screenshot).
If you didn’t receive your product, one of the following issues might be the case:
- With some SMS payments you may receive a TAN code, which you have to enter in the TAN field. If you do not enter the code immediately, it expires. In this case we would ask you to contact our Customer Support.
- The browser window was closed too soon and you cannot remember your pin code. Here you can look for it!
- Your pin code has expired or another technical issue occurred. In this case we would also ask you to contact our Customer Support Team.
Please note that after some SMS payments, it is necessary to enter a pin code.
If you know your pin code, you can enter it with the following steps on the respective website:
- Open the website where you bought the product
- Choose DaoPay and open the payment page
- Follow the link in the bottom of the page “Do you need help?”
- Click “Continue with payment”
- Choose pin code
- Enter your pin code and click “OK”
- Click the green button “Complete payment”
It is not possible to choose the SMS option in every country. Which countries are available is a decision that lies with the gaming provider.